Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am finally going to take a little time to update this blog! I am just a tad behind, LOL

Okay in a short synopsis here is what has happened in the past 8 months!!

In the last post I mentioned Karen and I were going to the Cozy Crop House in Lancaster. We went, it snowed, we had an great time, got lots done!! Christmas came and went. Very nice this year, Lots of nice gifts given and received. And no one was sick like last year. Katie woke up with a stomach bug last Christmas, it was horrible!!

Katie turned THIRTEEN in January. Still can't believe I am the mother of a teenager!!!
January also brought the 4th anniversary of my Dad's death. Still miss him terribly and not a day doesn't go by that I don't wish he was here to be enjoying life with his family. Miss you and love you Dad!

February we traveled with the Interboro High School Marching band to Florida. We spent a day in Atlanta GA. Beautiful city, wish I could have spent more time there. Then onto Florida where we spent 1/2 a day at Silver Springs and then onto Disney World!! Sunday February 17 our band was the featured band in the Magic Kingdom's Spectra Magic Parade. It was an incredible experience. We then spent the next two days enjoying Disney World. I loved Epcot!!




I got sick on the bus back from Florida. Did I mention we travelled to and from Florida via motor coach?? Not as bad an experience as I was thinking it was going to be. I got the flu the last day in Florida and after a 20 hour ride home on a bus I arrived in Pennsylvania with a 104 fever. I also had on a t shirt, capris and crocs it was gorgeous when I left FL -- it was snowing and freezing in PA!! I was literally sick for a month, ended up with tonsillitis and after three rounds of antibiotics and the strong possibility that I would have to have my tonsils removed I finally got better around mid-March!!

Not much happened in April and May. Other than I decided to become a Creative Memories consultant. Mostly to have products available for the ladies at my monthly scrapbook group.

June came and school let out. We went on vacation to Chincoteague. Our usual spot. Loved it as always. The weather was spectacular. Only issue was that Katie lost her cell phone or so we thought. Went crazy looking for it and it ended up being in her sneaker!! The last week of June we got a second kitten. After seeing all of the kittens that run around Chincoteague we felt the need for more kittens! So we went to the SPCA and picked out the most adorable little orange tabby kitten. His name is Sonny and he is the most affectionate little guy!

At first Kit Kat was totally pissed off at Sonny and us for bringing this little kitten into the house. After about 5 days we could let them be together supervised, and now they are the best of friends. They sleep all curled up together it is so cute.

July was a little crazy. We had some major issues with some of Katie's so called friends. Turned out that they were every bit of the bad influences that I suspected they were. We had a major intervention and got her away from one girl (and her crazy mother) and one boy that were nothing but trouble. The girl was easier to get rid of the boy was another story. After finding out that he was much older and going to be a dad (yes he was 16 and had a girl pregnant) and was trying to seduce my daughter. I had enough and went after him full force. I called the police and told them what was going on (it helps that my nephew and my brother are both local police, brother is chief). And word filtered to this "boy" that I meant business and was calling the police and he was gone in no time. Katie was pretty upset with us for most of July for "ruining her life". But luckily things are getting back to normal, finally.

August has arrived and so has marching band !!! Yeah!!! Practice started last Monday. Katie fell that same afternoon onto glass at her friend's house. Long story short it was pretty bad, I was at work, no one told me how bad, I came home from work to find out it was bad enough that friend's grandmother was going to call an ambulance. She cut her hand pretty bad, lots of blood! Lost feeling in her ring finger and pinky. So Dr visit Monday night, back to the ER Tuesday night and to the hand surgeon on Thursday. Luckily all has worked out fine and she will make a full recovery. But all of that made her miss the first two band practices! So band is tonight and tomorrow night and she is recovered enough to go and then Thursday we will be doing the first parade of the season in Ocean City NJ leading the 100th Annual Baby Parade on the boardwalk!!!

This weekend was nice but we had terrible storms all day yesterday. Downpours, lightening, thunder, hail and even tornado warnings! At the end of it we were treated to the most beautiful rainbow!














No comments: