Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Spring!

I sure wish someone would tell Mother Nature it is supposed to be spring!  Bring on the warm weather!! I have been very busy with non-crafty stuff since Christmas time.

My baby turned 16!

 
Went to Disney World in February with Katy and the Interboro High School Marching Band --
we had a blast! 

Then Katy had her her FROSH Dance also in February
Then I had the big crop to benefit the Marching Band. Thanks to everyone who attended and helped out.  We raised $700 for the band! 

I have had a little time to get a few projects completed.  Me and my fellow Scrap Tarts had three swaps due from January through March.  We are swapping them this Saturday, can't wait to see what everyone did!

Sympathy Card Swap - simple and classic.
Card stock, a simple ribbon and a prima flower along
with a short and simple sentiment complete this card

Recipe Swap - Chicken Tortilla Soup
Again kept it simple since I didn't have a large space to work with.  Card is 6x6.  Printed out the recipe double matted it.  Added to Mexican themed cuts from my Cricut.  Sombrero came from Designer's Calendar and the cactus was from Toy Story.  Added a flower brad to cactus for some visual interest.

Part of the fun this Saturday at our "Swap Crop" we are swapping Easter Baskets filled with scrapbook goodies!  I will take a picture and add it soon.  Here is a card that I made for each of my swap buddies.  The pink layer was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder with larger circles, they are hard to see in this scan of the card.   I cut the Bunny and Carrot from Create  Critter (still my favorite cartridge ever!) and then I added a cute springy ribbon across the top.  The pink paper looks a little lopsided on the scan but doesn't look like that in person.


I am going on a scrap book retreat weekend to the Hamburg Hideaway next weekend with 8 other ladies.  I leave Friday morning and will be back on Sunday afternoon.  I am hoping that three days of uninterrupted scrapbooking brings back my mojo and I can fill my blog with all of the wonderful cards and layouts I get done!  Be sure to check back soon!

No comments: